California Coaches Monthly Lunch&Learn
Get a Book Deal with a Publisher
Wednesday, July 6, 2022 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm PT
There’s the book you want to write and the book a publisher – and readers – will buy: Are they the same book?
Literary agents receive 1500+ manuscripts a month. Publishers receive 10,000+ manuscripts a year. If you want to get a publishing deal and more readers, you’ve got to know what publishers (and readers) buy and how to make your book stand out from the pack.
Publishing coach, Randy Peyser, pitches books to agents and publishers after her company edits or ghostwrites them through her company, Author One Stop, Inc. www.AuthorOneStop.com.
Randy will tell you exactly what you need to know to get an agent or publisher to offer you a contract.
You will find out:
- What topics are hot and what’s not.
- The most essential sales tool you need in order to sell a manuscript to a publisher.
- The quickest way to get an agent or publisher to stop in their tracks.
- The 1 thing to absolutely not do if you are serious about getting a publishing contract.
- How to get cover endorsements when you don’t know anybody who’s famous.
- The biggest mistakes authors make.
- The things you absolutely must do to make your book stand out.
- Details about your writing that publishers always look for.
- The biggest questions publishers ask before they make a buying decision.
- How to title your book to maximize your sales potential
- The Pros and Cons of traditional publishing versus Self-Publishing
Come to this California Coaches Lunch & Learn for networking with other members of the community, plus education and Q&A from our speaker!
Our Featured Speaker: Randy Peyser
Randy Peyser edits and ghostwrites books and gets authors book deals with literary agents and publishers. Her clients have been featured on Hallmark TV and Daily Mail TV, in Oprah Magazine and Time Magazine, on the Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestseller Lists, in airport bookstores and FedEx/Office and Office Max stores, and more. She is the author of Crappy to Happy as featured in the movie, “Eat Pray Love”; The Power of Miracle Thinking; and The Write-a-Book Program. www.AuthorOneStop.com.
“If you look up the word ‘savvy’ in the dictionary, a picture of Randy appears!”
– David Tyreman, branding strategist for Ralph Lauren and author of World Famous
Lunch & Learns:
Networking + Education + QA
California Coaches Lunch & Learns are on the first Wednesday of the month from 12-1 PM. We feature our Expert members and Community Partners as speakers as well as breakout rooms for networking! Your Lunch & Learn Host is Debbie Hoffman, who is an expert in client follow up as well as hosting networking events. Have a question about Lunch&Learns? Email us at email@example.com!